Working at Casa del Libro, the famous chain of Spanish bookstores, is not only an ideal option if you are a lover of reading and would like to have a job close to literature, but it is also one of the most attractive job options for young people who want to start their way into the world of work.
Since its founding in 1923, the Casa del Libro has remained on the path as a leader in the sale of books in more than 47 stores in different parts of Spain, branches in Mexico, and a virtual bookstore for the online purchase of books, with more than a million titles in its database.
In addition, since 1992, Casa del Libro has been part of Grupo Planeta, together with other companies linked to the multimedia sector and editorial publications, which opens up a wide range of job offers for those who want to enhance their career.
Do you want to know more details about how to work at Casa del Libro and apply to its open vacancies? Keep reading!
Table of contents
Why work at Casa del Libro?
The working conditions that Casa del Libro guarantees to its collaborators are central reasons why many young people today decide to send their resumes and access the job offers published by this commercial chain of book sales.
Some benefits that you can obtain as a worker in the Casa del Libro are:
- Salary offered in line with the provisions of the law.
- Right to vacations and days off.
- Possibility of benefiting from a work grant and/or professional internship in the company.
- Flexible schedule plans for students.
- Growth opportunities within the company thanks to internal promotion plans.
What profiles can work at Casa del Libro, and what are the requirements?
As we have mentioned, Casa del Libro is part of the Grupo Planeta family, so the positions usually offered and the open vacancies are related to a wide variety of job positions and professional profiles that you can occupy in this great chain bookstores.
Some of the profiles most requested by Casa del Libro, through the Grupo Planeta job bank, are:
- Seller or commercial agent
- Store clerk
- Process management manager
- Supply Chain Manager
- Communicators and journalists
- Advertisers and digital marketing experts
- Talent selection and HR technicians
- Graphic designers
- Finance analysts
- IT specialists
Additionally, before deciding to apply for a job at Casa del Libro, make sure you meet the following general and essential requirements:
- Be in the last years of your university career if you are a student.
- Have a higher degree and previous work experience (desirable) in applying for a position of high professional responsibility outside the area of salespeople and store clerks.
- Demonstrate advanced language skills in English or French (subject to vacancy conditions) orally and in writing. The company highly values the ability to speak more than one language.
- Present notable interests and knowledge in the area of literature.
- Have group work skills.
Apply for a job at Casa del Libro step by step
Voucher! Let’s move on to one of the most important points: How to send your application to the job offers available at Casa del Libro? Follow the steps that we will see below:
- Access the official website of Casa del Libro by clicking here
- In the menu located in the last section of the page, click on the “Work with us” button indicated in the following image:
- On the following page, you will find a link provided by the Casa del Libro to process all the applications for offers available in your job bank:
- By clicking on the indicated button, you will be redirected to the employment platform of Grupo Planeta, a family of companies linked to the publishing world that absorbed Casa del Libro.
- Now you will be able to see all the job vacancies and internships available in the different companies that make up Grupo Planeta in different areas of Spain, including Casa del Libro:
- Remember to use the vacancy search engine to filter job opportunities based on the type of contract, requested profile, and location.
- If you find any vacancy of interest, click on the title to find all the details and requirements requested. If you comply with the instructions, click on one of the available options to sign up for the offer:
- As you can see, you will have the option of registering manually from the Grupo Planeta employment portal, filling in the requested fields; autocomplete your application with b4work, an application to automatically upload your application or apply for the job with your LinkedIn profile, if your account on this professional network is 100% up-to-date.
And ready! Once you choose the most suitable option for you, you have to follow the steps indicated by the system. Within 15 days, those in charge of managing the selection processes at Grupo Planeta will contact you in case of showing interest in your profile.
Other ways to apply for a job at the Casa del Libro
If you do not find vacancies that fit your profile or are geographically within your reach in the Grupo Planeta job bank, you can always apply for a job at Casa del Libro through other channels:
Grupo Planeta and Casa del Libro are fully open to receiving spontaneous job applications, as long as they fit with the list of profiles commonly requested by the company. In this way, your CV will be added to the databases, and your profile could be considered if future opportunities arise with vacancies adjustable to your professional qualifications.
You can send a spontaneous application to the Casa del Libro through by clicking on the “Present your profile” button:
Apply for a job from Indeed or InfoJobs
Employment platforms such as Indeed and InfoJobs, occasionally update and upload new vacancies that arise in Casa del Libro in their database and are often not offered through other portals or job boards.
If you don’t want to miss out on any job opportunities, it’s a good idea to search on these job pages and sign up to receive notifications about new open vacancies.
Delivery of the face-to-face curriculum vitae
Although it is an option that is losing more and more strength, thanks to the effectiveness and immediacy provided by the services to apply for jobs online, handing over the CV in hand is still a possibility to invite companies to consider your profile in their vacancies current or, in employment opportunities that may open in the future.