The OSCE (Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe) has published the call for the Research Internship Program to be carried out in Denmark and Austria.
These internships are paid and last 6 months.
All graduate and recent graduate students interested in putting into practice and gaining experience in political science, law, international relations, or other sectors related to the organization’s work will be able to participate.
Students participating in this Research Assistants Program will develop their knowledge of international political-military, economic and environmental, and human rights affairs and develop their professional skills in areas related to the work of the Parliamentary Assembly.
Among the different functions, they will carry out tasks such as:
- Background investigations on topics relevant to the activities of the OSCE Parliamentary Assembly.
- Drafting of reports, documents, speeches, statements, meeting minutes, etc.
- Administrative tasks.
The Research Assistants may attend the Assembly events on the ground, such as election observation, statutory meetings, field visits, etc.
The Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe internship program covers:
- Copenhagen: planned scholarship of 656 euros per month + accommodation.
- Vienna: scholarship of 1,000 euros per month to cover basic expenses and accommodation.
Apply for OSCE Practices
To apply for this internship program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be of legal age (18 years) and not more than 28 years of age.
- Citizen of one of the OSCE participating States or partner countries.
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Political Science, International Relations, Law, or related sector.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Knowledge of other official OSCE languages (Russian, German, Italian, Spanish)
- Knowledge of the English language.
If you are interested in this call, you can learn more here.
The deadline to request this call ends on October 1, 2021.