Are you looking for a job in Galicia? With Emprego Galicia, the official employment portal of the Xunta de Galicia, you will have the opportunity to connect with the best job vacancies available in the provinces of A Coruña, Lugo, Orense, and Pontevedra.
Galicia has its own official employment portal, managed by the Department of Madrid, Catalonia, Castilla y León, Cantabria, Valencia, among other Autonomous Communities that make up Spain’s Emprego and Equality, which represents the Galician region.
Through this article, you will learn more details about Emprego Galicia, and, of course, you will learn how to access the job market on this portal step by step to get your next job opportunity.
All ready? This is all you need to know about Emprego Galicia, one of the complete job portals among the different online employability services in the autonomous communities of Spain.
Table of contents
Xunta de Galicia website: Emprego Galicia
Emprego Galicia is an initiative of the Xunta de Galicia that was born under the mission of centralizing in a channel the different services and functions in the field of Active Employment Policies that occur within the Galician territory.
Through Emprego Galicia, citizens who belong to this Autonomous Community have the opportunity to connect with an intermediary point between job applicants and local companies that wish to incorporate new talents into their workforce, as well as request other types of bits of help.
Emprego Galicia Services
In addition to promoting the different job vacancies available in this region and facilitating the possibility of applying, the Emprego Galicia network provides other services related to employability, such as:
- Locate job opportunities in Spain, Europe (EURES), and under public job calls.
- Access training and education programs to improve your job qualifications.
- Receive advice for entrepreneurship and self-employment.
- Request the issuance of certificates of professionalism.
- Request the renewal of the job application.
How to see the offers of the employment exchange of the Xunta de Galicia
To know the job offers, both public and private, published through the Emprego Galicia portal, follow the steps that we will see below:
- Access the official web portal of Emprego Galicia
- Click on the option “Search for a job”:
- Click on the button “Search for a job in Galicia”:
- Here you will have the opportunity to choose between the private job offers hosted on the portal and, on the other hand, the public employment programs promoted by official administrative entities. Select the appropriate option based on your particular interests:
- If you choose public employment programs, you will have the opportunity to filter your search in the following categories:
- By clicking on each program, the system will indicate the requirements and steps to request each option in the current programs.
- On the other hand, if you wish to view and request the list of private job offers, by clicking on the respective button, you will be able to consult the search engine for job opportunities of companies affiliated with Emprego Galicia as a means of dissemination:
- Filter your search according to the Galician location or province where you want to carry out your work activities and write a keyword related to the job you are looking for.
- If you find a job offer that matches your profile, click on the job title to expand the details. For instance:
- Each offer has its own requirements for the application. In general, you can send your application to any of the offers on the Emprego Galicia stock exchange by clicking on the “Request” button to apply through the Virtual Office.
- It is also possible to apply for the position by calling 012, at the number indicated in the offer (if you communicate from outside Galicia: 981 900 643), or by going to your nearest employment office in this Autonomous Community.
And that’s it! You can now apply 100% online for any jobs available in the Xunta de Galicia job bank through Emprego Galicia. Once the application process is completed, your application will be reviewed, and if you successfully pass the talent filters, you will be included in the list of possible candidates.
Curriculum to work in Galicia
To apply for a job through the Virtual Office, you will be redirected to Emprego Galicia. Generally, you must share your curriculum vitae and allow the recruiters to evaluate your profile and professional career.
The resume is your main means of professional presentation. Therefore, you should never underestimate the power that this document has when generating an excellent first impression.
If you are thinking of creating a new CV to apply for job opportunities through Emprego Galicia or want to improve some aspects of the current version of your CV, in our section of resources and tips to improve the CV, you will have all the details at hand on how to make an attractive resume to work in Galicia and exceed your employer’s expectations.